Thursday, April 28, 2011

Limitations

I never read my horoscope. When I open up that section of the newspaper, it's to find my daily crossword puzzle. But for some reason, today the horoscope caught my eye. It reads: "Your body has its limitations, so try not to overdo things. If you don't know when to quit, you'll be nursing a foggy head or an aching back." Gee, thanks! I have been so frustrated lately with my arthritis ridden body. The aches and pains that I feel everyday sometimes make it difficult to function and some days I just want to scream. I know that in the grand scheme of things this trial of mine is really not so bad. After all, I can still get around on my own and even though I have near constant pain, I can still do the things I need to do. But the last few days I have been having a little pity party. I am so busy right now and it's been frustrating to feel so yucky when I have so much to do. So reading this horoscope just drove the point home that much more. I know that my body has its limitations and that I shouldn't be overdoing it. But it's hard for me to train my mind to let my body have the rest it needs to be able to function. I guess maybe I needed to read my horoscope today.

1 comment:

  1. yea well you have some STUFF going on right now. take it easy!!!!! we need to plan a girls weekend (or week) in utah and you can sit by the pool and drink a diet coke!

    ReplyDelete