Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life was easier when the kids were in diapers!

For all of you "young" moms out there, this is for you. Enjoy every moment because it goes by too stinkin fast and before you know it, your babies are teenagers/young adults and you lose all control over them!!! I love all my kids and have enjoyed (almost) every moment being there mom. But oh how I miss the days when my older kids would sit on my lap and tell me that they would love me forever. It's so hard to let go and watch your kids transition into adulthood when all you can do is stand by and hope that you have done all you can do to make them want to choose the right. Prayer is a wonderful thing! So far my kids have done great and I'm hoping and praying that they continue to do well. For now I'm enjoying the time I have left with my little ones at home and savoring every moment that my youngest tells me that she'll love me forever. Trust me, it was much easier when they were in diapers!

4 comments:

  1. So true. It's a hard thing to watch your baby walk out the door for college. What a scarry world they have to negotiate. I pray daily that they will make good choices. I never thought I'd be the Mom of 2 freshmen (one in high school and one in college) Maybe I should have had more kids....maybe not...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. When I was reading this, it felt like it was coming straight from my own lips! I look at their scrapbooks and wish I could go back in time, just for a little minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear Ya!!!!!!! I think if I could go back I would....maybe....NOT! It is easier tho. You have the best kids. They have great parents who love and adore them. That's what it's all about. I love those little stinkers!!!! I just can't believe that we are facing life like a whirlwind. It's like it's the last 2 minutes in a ball game and the score is tied. WOW! Hang on tight. Love ya tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post!!! It is so easy to wish your kids childhood away because some days are so frustrating, Your words help! Thanks again..Ok now I have to go hug and kiss my kids.

    ReplyDelete